My Lost wedding band

Instant panic attack.
I lost my original wedding band over 40 years ago.
In 2016 or 17, we found a band that we liked ,and jerry placed it on my hand the day we bought it.. I have taken it off a few times, since then,  mostly only for surgeries or health scans.
Tonight, I lost it. It's been loose on my hand for about 2 months, more or less. Just enough that I took it off before I had a MRIN, a couple of weeks ago. I put it back on a few days after the MRI was done. I especially wore it yesterday, for our 49th anniversary. 
I know I saw it on my hand this morning,  while working on a craft,  because  it kept sliding around. 

This evening I had washed off a dusty plastic shoebox sized containers lid, and, because the rag I used was so dusty, I immediately rinsed it out, in the bathroom sink. That was a couple of hours ago. 
I don't recall what I was about to do, when I noticed my ring was no linger on my finger. 
Oh No! My first thought was, I would have heard it if it had fallen on the floor. But I knew I had rinsed that rag out and thought, maybe, it had gone down the sink. That small cross thing that sits under where a plug goes is not in hthat sink. Jerry tried looking but he couldn't see down that far. Since he's lost a finger on his right hand,  he has lost a lot of his grip strength. 
I was mad and wet that I lost my ring. My next thought was to call Heather and ask her to come help take the 'J ' trap off, in case it had fallen off while I rinsed that rag out.
Just after I called Heather, Jerry asked if maybe it had fallen into a large bag I have been carrying a craft project in. I did recall the ring being loose while I was working on that , this morning. I carefully removed items from that bag, and oh what a relief!  I Found My Ring in the Bottom of the bag!.

I've lost close to 20 pounds since the first of the year. I'm going to have to put my ring somewhere I will see it every day. And eventually get a ring guard so I don't lose it again.

Thank you Heather and Liam,  for dropping everything, in order  to be willing to come help me. I'm so very grateful that you were willing to come running when I called.and happy that I found it before you got out the door.  I greatly appreciate all that you do for us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meatloaf

Chicken Bubble Biscuit Bake Casserole